Monday, March 15, 2010

Winter Recap

oy, this blog has been neglected. Perhaps due to the fact that things have been a bit slow bird-wise over the winter. I've also got a new son now, so it's a bit harder to get out as much as I'd like. But, it's springtime, and things are starting to feel alive, so perhaps I'll resurrect this site for a little while as well.

A quick recap of major sightings since the last post:

At Powderhorn, in addition to the usual suspects, I saw orange-crowned warbler, nashville warblers, kinglets (golden- and ruby-crowned), cackling geese, a variety of sparrows (including white-throated, fox, and american tree sparrow), pileated woodpecker, and a suspected peregrine falcon flying over the lake.

At other locations, I've added the following species to my life list: Lincoln's sparrow, green-winged teal, northern pintail, gadwall, tundra swan, white-crowned sparrow, savannah sparrow, bonaparte's gull, winter wren, rusty blackbird, greater scaup, hooded merganser, common goldeneye, common merganser, long-tailed duck, merlin, northern shrike, and just recently a wilson's snipe.

So perhaps the winter wasn't quite as slow as I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment