Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bookend Birds

The last bird I saw in 2010 was an adult Bald Eagle soaring high over Powderhorn Park on the afternoon of December 31. The first bird I saw out my back window on the first of the year was an American Crow. Both sort of fitting in their own way, I think.

So, in honor of the crows, here are a few that I recorded on my walk around the park over lunch hour today (check out the nice croak around 0:18):


The was a Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the park for a while in early December, but I've not seen it since December 19. But there's another bird that's been showing up since the new year to spice things up a little bit. I've twice seen a Brown Creeper in the past few days. Hopefully it sticks around for the rest of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment